If you answered “yes” to those three questions, then what are you waiting for? Apply to the Ignatian Media Lab today.
The Jesuits of Canada and the United States are excited to launch the Ignatian Media Lab (IML).
The IML will encourage and incubate the development of digital media initiatives across the Ignatian network by offering creative members of the Ignatian family mini-grants and editorial, technical and promotional support from the Jesuit Conference Office of Communications and Vocation Promotion (JC).
The IML will also connect members with each other in a cohort for the duration of their participation (nine months) for mutual support and workshop-style feedback during the creative process.
By the end of the IML period, participants will have released their project into the world.
• Individual or small group with deep familiarity with Ignatian spirituality and the mission of the Society of Jesus
• Age 18+ (younger applicants must work in collaboration with at least one sponsoring adult)
• Resident of the Jesuit Conference of Canada and the United States or affiliated countries (Canada, USA, Haiti, Belize, Fiji, Micronesia), or someone with a demonstrable connection to the Jesuit Conference living/working abroad
• Established, current connections to Jesuit/Ignatian institutions/ministries preferred, but not required
- Completed applications due February 28, 2021
- Invitations to selected projects extended by March 31, 2021
- IML program duration: April – December 2021
Contact Mike Jordan Laskey, the Jesuit Conference’s communications director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
- Cover letter describing your project proposal and addressing the following questions:
- Why is this project important now? What need is it meeting?
- What goal(s) do you have for this project? And how would you measure them? In other words, what does success look like?
- Who would be your target audience?
- What makes your proposal unique and worthwhile at this point in time?
- Up to three published or unpublished work samples (links or attachments fine) that demonstrate your suitability for this project.
- 2-3 references (their name, relationship to you, email)