Bellarmine Preparatory School is a Catholic college preparatory school in the Jesuit tradition of education. Under the inspired leadership of the Jesuits, the school was founded in 1928 in a lone building on what was then a remote hilltop overlooking the young city of Tacoma – a site it still occupies. Today, Bellarmine enrolls approximately 1,000 male and female students from four counties. The campus occupies 42 acres in the shadow of Mt. Rainier, and has grown over the years from one building to many, including fully wired and technologically integrated classrooms, a state-of-the-art library and computer facility, and top line athletic and fitness facilities.